"A good manager is a man who isn't worried about his own career but rather the careers of those who work for him." - H.S. M Burns
Yeah! I'm back blogging again after a day's break! Not much to say about your boss or mine, but just a couple of things if you stargaze to be a cool foreman or a Manager down the line (What I think ;))
1. Respect them: Never, ever think call your team members as resources (They think they're materialistic things/ alive-machines)
2. Smile at their mistakes and guide a way out instead of playing a politically balanced blame game.
3. Take the ownership of their tasks as much as you take to save your ass/ justify your paycheck.
4. Work Allocation: Work with them instead of just assigning work to them.
5. Leave Management: Never say No for a leave (You may emotionally blackmail them to meet deadlines, they'll themselves stop taking leaves :P)
6. Emotional Support: Support your team mentally by letting them share what's going on in their personal life, their future road maps, career paths etc.
7. Personal development: Respect their ideas, always support personal development and skill-set enhancement.
8. Team Outings: Treat your team quite often / Plan outings to identify their nature/qualities/ attitude towards work.
9. SWOT analysis: Use the meeting rooms quite often to discuss their Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
10. Appreciate their efforts, small wins and keep smiling even at hard times :)