“Software never was perfect and won’t get perfect. But is that a license to create garbage? The missing ingredient is our reluctance to quantify quality.”— Boris Beizer
Software Tester's life keeps rotating around "Patience".
So Let's see whether you are indeed a KickAss Software tester or not?
A KickAss Software tester:
1. Must love Testing and only Testing.
2. Should be proud of being a Code Inspector / Delivery Specialist.
3. Should have knowledge of Coding and Best Practices and must contribute in Code Reviews to point. defects at initial phases of the Software Development Life-cycle.
4. Should keep Hunting for Bugs just like villagers keep digging soil until water turns up.
5. Should feel proud of every Bug encountered and consider it as a Trophy or a Army Soldier's medal.
6. Should have excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
7. Should believe in Teamwork.
8. Should never get disappointed if unable to dig Bugs.
9. Should pay attention to every detail just like CBI looks around for clues to solve any mystery.
10. Should always be presentable and be good in Debate / Extempore like a lawyer in order to prove a point.
11. Should be good in Devops activities like Deployments, Debugging, tailing logs, Monitoring.
12. Should know business numbers and Revenue in order to classify the Impact, Priority and Severity of Defects.
13. Should be friends with Developers and act as a Catalyst to deliver bug-free code ASAP.
14. Should always keep an eye on BugBounty programs across various websites.
15. Should be responsible and take complete ownership of Module under supervision.
16. And most importantly... Should always keep Smiling and be Humble :P Trust me, Proud won't help you in the long run... Happy Testing :P